Our weekly technical videos are created for accountants to assist their clients with self-managed super matters.
The information we share here is NOT available to the general public.
If you wish to receive our weekly video updates, click here to subscribe.
Advisers Digest #68
In this week's episode I will be covering the following questions.
[Can A Death Benefit Be Paid As A Pension Where There Is No Member Nomination?]
I look at what to do in a death benefit when there's no binding death benefit nomination. What are the laws around what you can do, when you can pay it, how you can pay it and who you can pay it to?
[Tax Planning For An 81 Year Old With 2 Market Linked Pensions]
This question is regarding a query that was raised, where an 81 year old lady was the recipient of two market link pensions, both to age 100, both with high taxable components. Her children have just realized that we when she dies, they will have a substantial death benefits tax liability. What can we do in that situation? I've done some modelling for that advisor as well and I have included it for your viewing.
To get access to this week's episode and our entire collection of Advisers Digest Videos (150+ videos)
What you get:
- Access to 150+ videos that tackle tricky SMSF cases, AND
- You will receive 2-3 NEW videos Every Week to your email inbox.
- 24/7 access to a fully catalogued video library
- These videos are uploaded on our training portal, separated into 20+ topics.
- You can look for specific videos or issues by searching for specific key words
This week we will be revisiting Advisers Digest #1
We begin with our very first episode, recorded on 4 February 2018.
In this video:
1:05 [Did We Breach the SIS Act and How to Issue Shares to New Members]
3:45 [Need a Deed of Ratification or Not?]
6:05 [Dealing with Dementia Trustee & Selling a Property]
Want to join our weekly video list?
- ONE new video every TWO weeks AND
- On top of that, every alternate week you will receive 1 video from our older episodes, as we revisit previous questions!
Upcoming Event - Tax Training Day 2019
Sign up for our next session, taking place in September!
It's a fun event that you get to learn the tax updates from the past quarter and special topics from the leading experts in the industry..
Plus you can gain up to 7 hours of relevant CPD!
Max. 50 attendees