Our weekly technical videos are created for accountants to assist their clients with self-managed super matters.
The information we share here is NOT available to the general public.
If you wish to receive our bi-weekly video updates, click here to subscribe.
Advisers Digest Free SMSF Video
(Free to watch until 4 December 2023)
In this video:
[Tax Free Component After Commuting & Recommencing a Pension]
This video is about the tax free and taxable components of a pension, after you commit the pension back and recommence at a later time.
Let’s talk about it.
Want to continue to receive more technical SMSF videos?
1 FREE video emailed to you every fortnight
When you subscribe, you will receive
- ONE new SMSF technical video fortnightly
- Updates from our Tax/SMSF workshops and webinars
- Special offer for our mailing lists
If you wish to watch the FULL video series every week, please choose option 2.
2-3 videos emailed to you every WEEK
Weekly FULL video series to your inbox
- Get Instant access to 200+ videos that tackle tricky SMSF cases, AND
- You will receive 1 New Video Every Week to your email inbox.
- 24/7 access to our whole video collection, covering 40+ categories, easily searchable with keywords
- Exclusive invites for members only
Current and upcoming Specials
Advisers Digest's Black Friday Special
Complete Tax CPD (40 Hours CPD/Year)
Concludes On The 24th November 2023
The Complete Tax CPD Program provides your 40-hour CPD requirement in one place, completely online, so you can train when and where you want. One program, 40 hours of CPD, one great price, and zero hassle.
The Complete Tax CPD Program was developed to provide accountants with quality tax training and consistent updates whilst meeting CPD hourly requirements.
• Training runs from February to November.
• Get the online training for just 4 hours per month: you can join the live sessions or review the recordings & slides on your own time.
→ 10 Special Topic masterclasses (3 hours each month), 30 hours per year.
→ 10 Monthly Tax Update webinars (1 hour each month), 10 hours per year.
PLUS, join now in time for:
- Superannuation Death Benefits - February 2024
- Income Tax, FBT & GST Implications of Entertainment - March 2024
- Year-End Tax Planning - April 2024
- Main Residence Exemption - May 2024
- Individual Income Tax Returns - Disclosure & Compliance - June 2024
- Succession Planning - July 2024
- Documenting Common Transactions – August 2024
- Valuing businesses, companies & assets – September 2024
- GST from commencement to the closing of an enterprise – October 2024
- Tax Administration & Compliance - ATO Reviews and Audits - November 2024
Did I mention that our Black Friday specials are live (available until 24 November)?
On top of our most popular online program, you'll also receive 2 of our highly acclaimed Masterclass recordings PLUS the recording of one of our popular webinars for FREE.
- Taxation Aspects Of Deceased Estates Masterclass Recording with Jo-anne Hotston (3 hours of CPD)
- Estate Planning For Accountants Masterclass Recording with Peter Johnson (3 hours of CPD)
- Bi-annual SMSF Update with Peter Johnson (1 hour of CPD)
Find out more about this training by clicking on the button below.
Advisers Digest's 12 Days of Christmas Specials
Starts On The 5th December 2023
Get ready! Our 12 Days of Christmas Specials is coming back this December.
Join us for 12 whole days of exclusive offers on our sought-after training programs and products tailored for practising accountants. These may range from promotions, and special bundle deals to discounts of up to 50% off!
From the 5th - 20th of December make sure you keep an eye out for our email that contains your special offer.
But remember these holiday specials are only accessible for 24 hours.
If you miss out, no matter how many calls, emails or pretty pleases we might get, these deals are strictly one-time-only and won't be repeated.
So seize this fantastic opportunity to chart your CPD hours for 2024 with our ultimate tools brimming with knowledge tailored for practicing accountants during our 12 Days of Christmas Specials.
Our first holiday special of the year drops on the 5th of December so don't miss out!
As these offers are ONLY available by email, make sure you're on our list by clicking the button below and signing up for our 12 Days of Christmas Specials.
Tax Return Guides 2023
Available Now - Tax Return Guides
PDF Or Print Versions (1700+ Pages)
No two client's needs will likely ever be the same, nor will they likely have the exact same tax obligations.
That's why we need to take care and keep our knowledge up to date when filing our client's returns; what works for one might not be applicable to another.
But as a practising accountant, isn't it especially handy when there are detailed instructions that you can follow on how to complete the work you need to do?
Lucky for you, our 2023 Tax Return Guides are now available!
With over 1700+ pages of content to peruse in total over the 6 guides, ensure you're prepared for the 2023 tax return season with these user-friendly tools for practicing accountants.
Tax Return Guides (PDF Or Printed Bundles)
- Individual Income Tax Return Guide 2023 (448 pages)
- Trust Tax Return Guide 2023 (282 pages)
- Superannuation Fund Annual Return Instructions (221 pages)
- Partnership Tax Return Guide 2023 (196 pages)
- Company Tax Return Guide 2023 (318 pages)
- Capital Gains Tax Manual 2023 (327 pages)
- BONUS! Small Business Concessions Manual 2022 (143 Pages)
Want to find out more? Click on the button below to order yours today...
Online Masterclass - Presented by Peter Johnson
Superannuation Death Benefits Masterclass
8th & 15th February 2024 (3 Hours of CPD)
Advising on superannuation death benefits is about two things. Making sure the death benefit goes where the client wants it to go and then with the minimum of taxes.
In this masterclass Peter will talk about the legal side of death benefits and then move on to taxation and strategies. It is not just for SMSF advisers but for anyone who is accumulating wealth in superannuation and intends to leave an estate to their children.
12:30 PM Thursday, 8 February 2024 (AEDT)
12:30 PM Thursday, 15 February 2024 (AEDT)
In this three hour masterclass we will look at:
- The legal side of death benefits (who to, when and how must they be paid)
- Death Benefit Nominations
- Life Insurances
- Taxation of Death Benefits
- The impact of Death on Transfer Balance Accounts (including death benefit pensions)
- Relevant Court Cases
Strategies and Case Studies
- And more...
Find out more information about this masterclass by clicking on the button below.
Online Webinar - Presented By Allyson Pannier
Value-Add Workpapers Webinar
24 November 2023 (1 hour of CPD)
This webinar will look at what is necessary to include on a workpaper as well as what a workpaper needs to have to add value to the process and provide relevant information that supports the client, the team and the process.
Plus we’ll include some great training tips to get your staff preparing workpapers efficiently.
Friday 24 November 2023, 12PM (AEDT)
This webinar is all about efficiently producing workpapers that are effective and add value to the process.
- This webinar will cover
- What are workpaper?
- Why workpapers are required
- The key elements needed on EVERY workpaper
- When workpapers are required and why
- Types of workpapers
- What is referencing and why it matters
- Examples of value add workpapers
- The importance of self-review
Find out more information about this package by clicking on the button below.
Live Online Webinar - Presented By Peter Adams
Tax Update Webinar
23 November 2023 (1 hour of CPD)
Our Monthly Tax Update Webinars are designed to ensure that accountants are able to remain up-to-date on changes within the taxation industry.
So why not join Senior Tax Counsel Peter Adams this month for our Tax Update Webinar and learn more about the latest decisions made by the ATO?
Tax Update with senior tax counsel - Peter Adams (1 hour of CPD)
1 PM, Thursday, 23 November 2023 (AEST)
This webinar is 100% online and will help you remain on top of all the major legislative and taxation changes each month.
Find out more by clicking on the button below...
live training events in 2023
Live Training - Presented by Industry Experts
Tax Training Day
April, July & November 2024 (Up to 21 Hours of CPD)
Tax Training Day is one of our signature events that help accountants sharpen their professional skills and learn the most up to date knowledge from the leaders in the industry.
Sydney Dates: (9am - 5.30pm)
Friday 5th April 2024
Friday 26th July 2024
Friday 1st November 2024
All held at Mercure Sydney (Next to Central Station)
- Residency by Peter Johnson (1 hour)
- Tax Planning by Jo-anne Hotston (3 hours)
- Quarterly Tax Update (3 hours)
Our presenters are industry thought leaders, they not only possess experienced technical knowledge but be able to deliver engaging presentations that make your tax training day interesting and interactive. You will want to come back again each time.
Live Training - Presented By Industry Experts
CPD In Paradise 2024 - Super Early Bird Special
4 & 5 July 2024 (14 hours of CPD)
Want to escape the chill of winter next year? Why not combine a tropical getaway with CPD training, expert-led presentations and a family trip?
Join industry experts and like-minded peers for live CPD training like no other. In 2024, our most popular live training event (CPD In Paradise) is bringing CPD to Cairns - are you thinking about coming along?
Thursday 4th & Friday 5th September 2024
14 Hours of CPD
0ur super early bird special for CPD In Paradise 2024 is now on ($899) - join us before October 31 and you'll also receive (included in your ticket):
Access to our Welcome Drinks* the day before the conference (Wednesday 3 July 2023).
Don’t miss out on our acclaimed annual event, book your seat now (early bird special ends 31 October).
You’ll also get 14 hours of CPD in total (7 hours/day).
Find out more by clicking on the button below...
*Complimentary welcome drinks are only available during super early bird purchases. It will be available to purchase separately after 31 October 2023.